Week In The Life #1: Clear-outs, Breakfasts and Manchester Open Days

13/6/22-18/6/22



Hi everyone!

Welcome back to my blog. This is going to be my very first weekly blog, so we'll see how it goes. 

For context, I'm a 16 year old British expat living in the Middle East but I came home to London for the summer a couple of weeks ago. The purpose of these posts are just to give you a tiny snippet into my day, however busy or boring it may be. I won't be talking much about the people I spend time with because I don't think it's fair on them and they haven't consented to being talked about on my blog. 

Hope you enjoy! 

Monday


Today was one of those really quiet, slightly boring days. I planned the blog posts that I want to put up for these next few months and I started reading Mrs Dalloway (I didn't get very far, though). My new mascara was delivered and I tried it out with my new products- I really like them but I'll talk more about them when I've gone out with them on. At the end of the day, I sat in bed and watched Family Guy with my brother. All in all, it was a pretty uneventful day. 





Tuesday


For some reason I was super tired today, but I did manage to have a massive clear-out of my draws. Because I'm staying in my grandma's house (and have done every summer since I was like 5), I have a lot of random rubbish in my room that I've accumulated over the years. Everything from baby books to random Top Trump cards scattered about to cringe pre-teen magazines- what a nightmare. My bottom draw was actually broken because I've got so much stuff in there (my mum managed to fix it though). I'm giving some of my stuff to charity and keeping some things for my younger cousins/just for memories. At least now I'm able to put things away in my drawer! 

I'm going to Manchester on Saturday for the Open Day (my very first university visit) so my mum and I planned the visit and what we're going to do on the day. I'm not looking forward to waking up super early but the thought of visiting a university is kind of exciting. 


Wednesday


Just realised that I was supposed to publish my packing blog post today... whoops. I'll do it tomorrow.
My grandma went through her things and gave me some of her old jewellery. It's so pretty! I adore jewellery and I really want to get into wearing it all. 




Thursday


Published my packing blog post today! 
This morning, I went out for breakfast to this little Pakistani restaurant down the road. The food is delicious and it's always a must-eat whenever I come back here. 

Friday


It was boiling hot today. As I’m sitting and writing this, I’m suffering. The humidity is awful here and there’s no AC. Because of this, I had a cold shower in the afternoon and it was very relieving. I'm going to Manchester tomorrow so I got my bag ready and made sure I had everything I needed.

Saturday


Today, I went to an open day at the University of Manchester. I'm in London right now, so my mum and I had to wake up at 6 and took the tube to Euston. We then sat on a train for just over 2 hours and got to Manchester at around 10 (maybe slightly earlier).

Honestly, I had a fantastic day. We saw the English department, went to a few talks, and looked around the campus a bit. Everyone we spoke to was lovely and I really like the look of the course. We had a quick look around the city before we got the 4 o'clock train home and I loved how vibrant and buzzing it was. I gravitate towards big, bustling cities so I think this is a decent fit for me. Plus, there were so many Halal restaurants!! It was super diverse and I had a great time getting to know the uni and city a bit. I'll be going to visit some more universities, so we'll see how this one compares to the others. 


So, that was a little bit of my week. I'm not sure whether or not this particular format and structure is working, so bear with me as I try and adjust to this new style. Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed this post and, if you have any suggestions as to how else I should structure it, let me know in the comments. Also, if you have a blog, leave it in the comment section and I'll be sure to check it out. Please subscribe my pressing the button at the top of your page and I'll see you on Wednesday with another blog post, plus again next Saturday/Sunday with a new week in the life. 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 Things I Want To Do While I'm Young

Advice Post #2: Feeling Overwhelmed By The News

Advice Post #1: Dealing with Stress