What’s In My Handbag 2020


Hi everyone!


Welcome back to my blog. Sorry I’ve been MIA and haven’t posted anything for the past couple of weeks. I’ve been very busy trying to get a routine sorted for school and it’s exhausting! I’ll talk more about this in my September reflection post (coming at the end of September) so, for now, thank you for bearing with me. 


As you could have told by the title, I’m going to talk about all the things I like to carry around with me in my handbag. I’m not going to show you which handbags I use because I use different ones for different outfits, but they’re mostly small rucksacks. I honestly don’t carry a lot around with me when I go out, but I do have a few essentials that I’ll be showing you all. Enjoy!


Hand sanitiser


Even before the whole global pandemic thing, I always carried hand sanitiser around with me. You just never know when you or someone else is going to need it. In this day and age especially, this is super important!


Phone


This is very self explanatory haha but I always always make sure I have it on me. I don’t put it in my pocket because, annoyingly, they’re not big enough. Also, I think I’ll always be scared that it fell out.


Airpods or earphones


If you want to listen to music in public, you don’t want to be blasting it out at full volume! Carrying earphones around with you is very handy and you never know when you’re going to need them. Oh, and if you have no data and want to listen to music, screenrecord while you're playing the music before you go and it’ll be in your camera roll! Life saver.  


Pen and notepad 


I’m quite creative when it comes to descriptions, so I tend to carry around a pen and a small notepad with me. Whenever something somehow inspires me, I’ll jot down a few words or sentences about pretty much anything. It could be about how I’m feeling, how I think the person next to me is feeling, what my surroundings look like or any random words that I think go well together! Similarly, if I have an idea for a story or blog post, I’ll just write it down. 


Pads and painkillers


I think this speaks for itself! I get very bad cramps so I always make sure I have Ibuprofen with me in case I start cramping.


Lip balm


I hate having dry lips so I always take lip balm with me. I use the Labello lip balms and I have the nude, soft rose, watermelon shine and cherry shine colours. The colour I use depends on the occasion, my outfit and what I feel like wearing.


Hair tie


I always lose my hair ties so, even if I have one around my wrist, I keep one in my bag just in case!


Tissues


I have a little pack of tissues in my bag in case I or anyone around me needs one. Funnily enough, whenever I don’t have any on me, someone always needs one! So now I make sure I always have a pack with me just in case. 


Water bottle


Where I live, it’s super hot most of the year, so I need to make sure I keep hydrated. I try taking a reusable water bottle with me to be a bit more sustainable haha.


Portable charger and a charger


Because I do NOT want to be left stranded with a dead phone!

Book or e-reader


This might sound a bit strange but, if I end up getting a spare minute, I’ll just take out my book and start reading! I like reading a little bit too much haha. Obviously, sometimes my book is too big for my bag or too heavy for me to carry, in which case, I would just leave it at home.  


So, those are my handbag essentials this year. I’m well aware that this is a very basic post so I apologise for that, but maybe it gave you some ideas as to what you can start carrying around with you. In the comments, tell me what the most unusual thing you carry with you in your handbag is!


Thank you so much for reading this post and I hope you enjoyed it! I’ve got lots of student-related posts lined up for the next few weeks, so stay tuned for them. Please subscribe by pressing the button at the top of your page and, if you have a blog, leave it in the comments so I can check it out. See you next Saturday!


Stay safe,

Alisha xx 

Comments

  1. Yesss i need to get on the notepad train asap. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s honestly so useful! Thanks for reading x

      Delete
  2. I always keep extra ties, some make-up, lip balm, nail-file, and always a book or notebook along with some pens. I never know when the mood will strike me to need to write something down!

    Jaya| ninchronicles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I should start keeping a nail file with me! Thank you for reading love ❤️

      Delete
  3. It is always exciting to see what people have in their handbags. YESSS on hand sanitizer. So important to keep clean. I feel you about notepads. I used to carry them all the time! I like that you keep yourself prepared! Thanks for sharing!

    Nancy ✨ exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you so much for your lovely comment xx

      Delete
  4. I always enjoy when I read a post on what is on their handbag. I always carried hand sanitizer before even on this pandemic and a small sketchbook with a mechanical pencil also a reusable water bottle since I too live in a very hot area.
    Love your post!!!!!
    Michelle| brokebutflawless.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Living in a hot area can be a struggle sometimes, can’t it? Thanks for reading and I’m glad you enjoyed it xx

      Delete
  5. Highly agree on all of them! I am a fan of backpacks and you can always find at least water, earphones, hand sanitizer and tissues in there. You gotta be prepared!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always say the chant, "phone wallet keys," when I fix my bag haha and then from there I'll put in some more lady essentials like alcohol, and lip balm, etc. You're a girl scout! Thanks for sharing! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you can’t really go wrong with the chant, can you? Thank you for reading and for your comment xx

      Delete
  7. These are all the things I'd bring with me too! It's great having a notebook with you in case you have a thought to pop down xx

    http://www.dellalovesnutella.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’ve always had hand sanitiser in my bag. Wipes too. Essential when you’re a mummy 😆

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww haha I’m definitely not a mum but they always come in handy! Thanks for reading xx

      Delete
  9. Yes to everything on here. Even though I've not had much opportunity to go out yet, but all of these are regular features in my own bag. Though I often always carry at least two books with me, an extra just in case.

    acupofwonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh carrying an extra book is a great idea! I hope you get to go out again soon <3

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

20 Things I Want To Do While I'm Young

Advice Post #2: Feeling Overwhelmed By The News

Advice Post #1: Dealing with Stress