20 Things I Want To Do While I'm Young



Hi everyone! 

Welcome back to my blog. Last week, I wrote about the goals I want to achieve when I'm fifteen (if you haven't seen the post then go check it out!) and I really enjoyed thinking about those short-term goals. So, I decided to write up a post on some longer-term goals. I wouldn't say that these are long-term goals but they should see me through the rest of my teens and twenties so they're more like medium-term goals. In no particular order, here are 20 things I want to do when I'm young. Enjoy! 

1. Become fluent in another language

I love learning new languages and about new cultures so I really want to be bilingual or even trilingual. I don't know my native language (Urdu) but I want to learn it or at least be able to understand it. The only thing is, I don't really know what resources to use. I also want to expand on my (very limited!) Spanish and French. 

2. Publish or edit a book

I've wanted to write a book for as long as I can remember but I've always enjoyed reading more than writing fiction. I'm not sure whether I would rather write my own book or edit/publish other people's (or do both) but I suppose time will tell. 



3. Grow my blog

I've gotten into blogging very recently so I only have around ten posts on my page. I would really like to keep this hobby up, even when my life gets busier again as it's something I'm really enjoying. It would really help me out and mean a lot to me if you were to subscribe or let anyone know about this blog if you know someone who might like it (shameless self-promo).  

4. Get into a Russell Group uni and get a degree

I'm quite an academic person and one of my goals is to get into a Russel Group university (or college if you're American) which is what the British prestigious universities are referred to as. At the moment, I'm looking to study English language and literature and maybe do a master's afterwards but I'm not too sure. 

5. Go on a road trip with some of my friends 

I would love to go on a road trip with a few of my best friends while we're relatively young (late teens or early twenties). Driving down a motorway with the windows down and screaming out the lyrics to our favourite songs: the theoretical vibes are immaculate. 

6. Find a job I love

I have absolutely no idea what I want to be when I'm older but at the moment I'm leaning towards journalism or editing for a newspaper, magazine or publishing agency. Either way, I would want to enjoy my job and be financially secure.

7. One random act of kindness a day 

Whether it's complimenting someone, helping someone out or even just smiling at a stranger, a random act of kindness can go a long way, both for yourself and for the person you were kind to. It doesn't cost anything to be kind but it does usually make you feel a lot better in yourself and it will probably make the other person's day. It's a win-win situation!  

8. Learn how to play the piano

I'm currently self-teaching myself how to play the piano and I would really like to learn properly and maybe learn how to play a few of my favourite songs on it. 



9. Discover new music

I have quite an eclectic music taste- I prefer pop music but my favourite songs are from quite a wide range of genres. I adore finding new artists, albums or singles and I want to continue to discover more music. If there are any songs or artists that you love, let me know in the comments and I'll check them out. 

10. Swim with dolphins

This one is quite self-explanatory but dolphins are one of my favourite animals so I really want to swim with them. 

11. Volunteer at a refugee camp

This one is not at all easy to complete, but it's something that I really want to do when I'm slightly older. In my opinion, the feeling you get when you've just helped people is unmatched and I feel like I need to use the privilege that I have been so lucky to have to give back to people. 

12. Take more pictures

I don't take many pictures at all: my camera roll consists of selfies I took when I was eleven and screenshots my friends have sent me of conversations they've had with certain boys haha. This is a pretty bad habit and I want to take more pictures so that I can look back on the memories. That being said, it is also really important to live in the moment so I don't want to go photo crazy. 

13. Redecorate my room

My bedroom looks the same as it did when I was seven years old and I don't desperately need to change things up but I would like to add things to it. Little things like fairy lights, pictures of my loved ones, shelves etc. would really help my room to look more put together.  

14. Have a movie night with my friends 

I have never stayed up all night watching films with my friends and that's something I really want to do! Get the popcorn, put on a cheesy rom-com and we'll be set. 

15. Ride a ferris wheel at night 

Picture this: it's a warm, clear summer night. The sky is dark but it just makes the lights from the amusement park look that much brighter. Your carriage (is that what they're called?) has gotten to the top and you're looking down at all the lights, scenery and content people bustling around the funfair while you're sitting next to someone special. How could this not be on my bucket list?



16. Start a charity

This one is very similar to the refugee camp one but it is a lot more ambitious. I'm not sure how I'm going to start it or what I want to raise money for but it's something I really want to do. If I can't do that, then the next best thing is to organise a fundraiser and donate the money earned to charity. 

17. Learn how to drive

As I've said before, I'm fifteen so I don't know how to drive but I'm looking forward to when I can! Just the thought of not having to rely on my parents to drop me off and pick me up from my friend's house makes me so happy haha. 

18. Watch a movie in an outdoor cinema

Another self-explanatory one, but I've always wanted to watch a movie outside with my friends or family in the evening or night time in the summer. The film would preferably be something feel good or a classic. 

19. Start a family

When I'm older I would really like to settle down, marry someone I love, move to the suburbs and have two or three healthy and happy kids. It's a major goal of mine to raise a family and become a mother and it's also a goal of mine to be happily married but only when I'm ready to (so probably in my late twenties/early thirties).  

20. Go to a concert 

I really want to go to a concert, with my friends or family, and see one of my favourite artists perform on stage. I'd really like to go to Wembley (my house in the UK is walking distance away from the stadium which is so cool) and I've already seen a football match over there so I know that the ambience is great.



As you have seen, most of my goals revolve around me gaining new experiences and becoming more knowledgable as well as me trying to give back to the world. Hopefully, fifteen years from now, I'll be able to look back on this list and say that I completed most of the things on here. If you've managed to achieve any of these goals then any advice in the comments would be very appreciated! By advice, I mean any help whatsoever: whether it's what movies to watch on my movie night or, if you've started one, how to start a charity! Also, comment some of the things that you would like to do in the somewhat near future- I'm really interested in looking at other people's targets. I feel like the goals people set for themselves show what their values and priorities are.

I also think it's important to realise that, even if you don't complete some of the goals you want to achieve and if you're not in a place that you envisioned you would have been by now, then that's okay too! At the end of the day, all that matters is that you're happy and healthy wherever you are. 

Thank you so much for reading my post and I hope you enjoyed it. Please subscribe by pressing the button at the top of your page and, if you have a blog, leave it in the comments so that I can check it out. See you next Saturday! 

Stay safe,

Alisha xx 

 

Comments

  1. There are some fantastic things on this list and a lot of it is similar to mine too. I'm rooting for you to be able to tick them all off your bucket list soon!

    Roni | myelevatedexistence.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much and good luck with your goals too! Your blog posts are super helpful and I've just subscribed to you xx

      Delete
  2. OMG number one is so important! And on your outdoor cinema comment... hilarious that I actually work for The Luna Cinema and so I'm forever at outdoor screenings! It's actually great to turn up with your picnic blanket and a picnic and sit and natter before the film, watch an old favourite and cuddle up under another blanket (summer evenings are still chilly!)

    Katie | katieemmabeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh haha what a coincidence. That's got to be one of the coolest jobs in the world! Thank you for reading xx

      Delete
  3. Good luck with all your goals! It looks like a great list! I'm headed towards my 30s and would still love to learn a language!!!! I'm also a big fan of blogging and it has been a goal of mine I've been working toward for a while. Same with writing a book :) But I've loved using my 20s to get out into the world whether day trips or travelling. I've been lucky to see some amazing places and found a job I loved which is one of the most important things! We underestimate how much time we spend doing our job and being around colleagues. Having had a job I hated it makes such a difference!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fact that you found a job you enjoyed as well as travelling and seeing some great places is genuinely so amazing! Good luck with your future goals and thank you so much for reading xx

      Delete
  4. Great list sounds like a lot of great things i hope that you achieve them all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are really great goals to shoot for! It's important to keep a list like this and have something to aim towards every day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so true! Thank you so much for reading xx

      Delete
  6. Great post! There are some truly wonderful ideas on this list, and I hope you're able to blaze through them. I love the energy and excitement for these. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an awesome list! I love music and I attend concerts pretty frequently (well, before COVID at least). I’m super jealous that you live close to Wembley (one of my bucket list items is to see a show there)! Feel free to check out my blog, I have a post on underrated bands from 2019. I could also give you new music suggestions for dayssss. My favorite band being All Time Low. ��

    -Zoie https://www.zoierichey.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've checked out some your blog posts and playlists and I'm loving them! We have very similar tastes in music haha. Although I've never heard an All Time Low song so I'll be sure to listen to one. Thank you so much for reading and for your lovely comment xx

      Delete
  8. I'm 16 and I have a lot of goals that are similar to yours and my blog is pretty student-oriented as well! I found this really relatable and enjoyed this post!! subscribed :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much! I've checked your blog out and have subscribed to you too. Good luck with all your goals! xxx

      Delete
  9. Finding a job you love is absolutely crucial. I found mine just as I turned thirty and wish I'd taken the plunge sooner. I think starting a charity sounds like a lovely ambition to have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm so glad that you have a job that you enjoy doing :)

      Delete
  10. Great goals you've set for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your list and the goals you want to achieve!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah love the list. I think you're never too old to do the things you love :)

    Change of Tomorrow | changeoftomorrow.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I 100% agree but I just wanted to give myself some sort of a time limit haha. Thank you for reading!

      Delete
  13. You've got some great goals. I have a bigger bucket list of items I want to do at some point in my future as well as a smaller bucket list that I make each year with items that I could realistically go out of my way to make happen in the next 365 days. This year's list has been blown up a little, but that's the fun of bucket lists... even if you don't check off every item on the list as quickly as you believe you will, you've likely had some great experiences while working towards it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly: in my opinion it's the experiences that matter the most! Good luck with all your goals and thank you for reading! ❤

      Delete
  14. Some amazing things on your list here! And really doable too :) I'm sure you'll smash all of these goals whilst you're still young! But remember, they don't have a time limit! (Well, most of them don't!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're absolutely right! Thank you so much for reading and for your lovely comment xx

      Delete
  15. These are all wonderful and exciting goals! Aim high and do what you can while you're still young and able. I recommend also looking into personal financial management, it's really best to start early. I'll have an article about it soon on my blog. Things you should invest in while still young. If you want to know what to expect on your midyears, please do follow my midlife rants haha! This will prepare you fully for the years to come. Enjoy life! (beingfierceafterforty.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the advice! You're absolutely right- there's no harm in me learning aboit this stuff earlier and right now I don't have a clue haha. I'll be on the lookout for your blog post :)

      Delete
  16. You've got a variety of things to achieve on here focusing on both the short and long term! For swimming with dolphins why don't you consider volunteering abroad for a marine life charity? You can see dolphins in the wild in a cruelty free way! If you want more info you can read about my experience volunteering with dolphins and whales.

    https://lamaratravels.com/volunteering-for-the-atlantic-whale-and-dolphin-foundation/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh thank you so much- that's so helpful! I'll check out your blog post asap :)

      Delete
  17. Great list. Hope you get to do them .all

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love all these with quite a number of things I'd like to do too (and I'm not young anymore, haha). I think I make my own list! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh go ahead and make a list. It's actually really fund to do haha. Good luck with all of your goals and thank you so much for reading! ❤

      Delete
  19. This is an awesome list with worthy goals and funny things. I love it to learn more languages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! If you want to learn more languages I recommend using Duolingo- it's a super useful app that's free!

      Delete
  20. Good luck with your goals! I'd love to become completely fluent in a language and although I can speak a fair amount of Spanish I'm not fluent yet which I'd like to change! Also I can recommend English at uni!

    Tash - www.agirlwithview.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the advice! Good luck with your Spanish xx

      Delete
  21. I have a lot of these on my list as well! I was planning an awesome road trip with my friends, but then we got shutdown from this pandemic. Hopefully after all this blows over, we'll be able to follow through with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that really sucks! I hope you get to go on your roadtrip soon. Thank you so much for reading and for your lovely comment! ❤

      Delete
  22. These are great goals, and some of them are similar to mine! I went swimming with dolphins years ago and it was amazing, I hope you get to experience it at some point!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Good luck with all your goals xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Advice Post #2: Feeling Overwhelmed By The News

Advice Post #1: Dealing with Stress