How To Make Sure You Never Forget Your Packing Essentials

 Hi everyone!


Every single time I travel, I'm hit with the debilitating fear that I've forgotten something really important that will ruin my entire trip and, unfortunately, that fear can become a reality. It's all too easy to bring an expired passport, or forget your phone or socks. So, in this post, I'm going to be talking about how you can ensure that this doesn't happen, allowing your mind to be put at ease. Enjoy!

The main, overarching, theme that will be recurrent in all my tips is structure. Structuring your packing well means that you don't overpack, but that you never forget any of the holiday essentials. In order to achieve this structure, it's best to split your packing into separate subsections, e.g:

  • Clothing and accessories 
  • Cosmetics and toiletries  
  • Things you will need in the airport
  • Things you will need on the plane 
  • Anything else that's relevant to your specific trip (e.g touristy things or skiing gear)

Under these subheadings, write a list of all the things that you will need. To make sure that this list is exhaustive yet concise, plan and visualise what you're going to do rather than what you think you'll need.

For example, instead of throwing all of your favourite T-shirts into your suitcase, plan your outfits and what you're going to want to wear on each day. 

As for cosmetics and toiletries, visualise your makeup and shower/skin care routine, listing every product you use on a regular basis. 

What do you need to do in the airport? Check-in, eat, sit around. You need your passports, money in both currencies, maybe a book to read in the airport.

What is it that you're going to want to do to make your flight as relaxing and enjoyable as possible? Is it a long flight or a short one? Do you want to download TV shows on Netflix or opt for a book instead? Do you need your earphones? Are you going to want any snacks? 

Now that you have your list, highlight all of the things that you can pack away immediately. Things that you won't mind sitting in your suitcase for a bit. Tick things off as you put them away.

Something that I find really helps to organise my packing is a packing cube for my clothes. You can find them on Amazon and I really recommend buying them because it helps to keep everything nice and contained and in their own little sections. I've bought a travel carry bag for my skincare and make-up as well, which also helps. 

And last, but not least, triple check your list!! I can't stress how important it is to properly make sure that everything on the list is packed away. 

So, if you follow these tips, you probably won't ever forget anything at home when you're travelling. I hope you found this post helpful, and stay tuned for Saturday when I'll post my very first week-in-the-life. If you have any suggestions for future blog posts, please leave them in the comment section and, if you have a blog, send me your link so that we can all support each other.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 Things I Want To Do While I'm Young

Advice Post #2: Feeling Overwhelmed By The News

Advice Post #1: Dealing with Stress