Welcome (Back) To My Blog

Hi everyone!


It's been an incredibly long time since I've last blogged- you probably don't know how I am. Over the past year and a half I've obviously grown up and changed a lot, a fact that became so much more apparent when I reread my very cringey older posts (the amount of times I said 'haha' made me want to cry). So, this post will just be me reintroducing myself, talking a bit about where I've been and what I plan to do with this blog and, hopefully, will get back into the swing of blogging. Enjoy!

My name is Alisha and I'm a 16 year old British expat living in the Middle East. I've just completed my AS exams (we still do them in the international A-Levels) and I'm studying history, sociology, English literature and French. I'm sat here trying to think of what else to say, and I realise that this might make me very boring, but in all honesty I'm just your average teenage girl. 

That is kind of what I want my blog to be based around- my very average very normal lifestyle that is typical of a lot of other people. I want this blog to help us all try and find the beauty in the little, everyday things that we tend to overlook or take for granted. 

In order to try and achieve this goal, I've come up with a schedule that I'll try my hardest to stick to. I'm going to document my weekly life (as much of it as I feel comfortable doing) and post a week-in-the-life every Saturday (Saturdays are the end of the week in the Middle East, not Sundays). I realise that this might not appeal to everyone but, if you enjoy cosy, homey posts then it'll be perfect for you. I'm hoping that it'll help us to recognise the beauty in ordinariness- you don't have to do something crazy every single day to feel fulfilled. You'll be seeing the ups and downs of my week, and will read about my super busy and exciting weeks as well as my lazy and mundane weeks, as that is how real life is.

As well as this, every Wednesday I will publish a post that is less personal and maybe more typical of my older posts. This will vary, and can be anything from book reviews to advice-y posts etc (I haven't actually made a plan for it just yet, so if you have any suggestions, let me know in the comment section).

So, that was my (second) little welcome message that I'm hoping is a lot less embarrassing than the one I wrote when I was 14. I'm actually really excited to see where this will go and I hope you are too. Please remember to subscribe and leave your own blog links in the comments so I can check them out too. Hope you enjoyed!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 Things I Want To Do While I'm Young

Advice Post #2: Feeling Overwhelmed By The News

Advice Post #1: Dealing with Stress